Social Learning Strengthens Reseller Relationships
EXPERTUS CASE SUMMARY
Social Learning Ecosystem Empowers Global Software Resellers
“This is a game-changer for our channel partners - and will enable us to reach aggressive sales goals in this challenging economy.”
- VP Americas Channel Sales, global software company
Software companies often rely on a network of partners to sell their products - so naturally, revenues and profits depend deeply on resellers' collective product knowledge. Recognizing the strategic importance of partner education, one market-leading software publisher sought a smarter approach, when major product upgrades began fueling increased training demand.
- Consolidate access to course information and registration in a coherent online community
- Support a diverse, global audience (10 languages & 13 geographies) with a unified brand experience
- Recommend relevant courses for each learner's role and region
- Establish seamless end-to-end self-service - including ecommerce
- Training was available in multiple forms, but lacked a central point of access
- Individual resellers couldn't create a complete, customized view of recommended courses
- Online payments couldn't be accepted - making self-service enrollment impossible
- The IT infrastructure was disconnected - multiple resources operated in isolation
- Looming deadlines in the product release plan left no margin for error - the schedule was fixed
- Despite its limitations, the legacy reseller site had to remain intact during migration to a next-generation environment
Using the ExpertusONE social learning platform as a foundation, we rapidly combined training-related data and content from four unrelated enterprise systems to deliver a fully blended, personalize reseller learning ecosystem. This solution echoes the look-and-feel of its parent site - while drawing intelligence from multiple sources - to deliver the most relevant learning paths and information for each learner's role, interests, history and goals. It also incorporates useful social features - such as interactive course ratings and comment capabilities - so resellers can share opinions and knowledge with others in the community.
Despite an impossibly aggressive timeline (less than 4 months), ExpertusONE provided a robust, engaging, online learning ecosystem - optimized for the reseller interests. Now, for the first time, this global software company can share critical new product information, and personalized training plans and content - quickly and easily - all under one dynamic, networked roof. As a result, learning roll-outs are 30-40% faster, while classroom training hours have decreased by up to 85% in many regions.
This unprecedented level of access to the most up-to-date knowledge and support makes new product launches faster, more effective - and far less expensive to manage.
Moreover, with full access to better product knowledge, the global reseller community is equipped to sell more software to more customers, sooner than ever. And as first-year usage metrics reveal, this social learning environment is rapidly gaining popularity:
|YEAR 1 GROWTH METRICS|
|Course registrations||+ 757%|
|New courses offered||+ 464%|
|Estimated new learners||+ 125%|
|Registrations per new learner||+ 281%|
Given this success, our customer is extending ExpertusONE social learning to its customer and employee communities.
> DOWNLOAD THE CASE STUDY: Read details about Autodesk's social solution for partner learning
> CONTACT US: Request a personalized demo