Career Opportunity - User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer
Location: Santa Clara, California
Do you enjoy designing great interactive experiences that make life easier?
Do you take pride in having millions of people use your work?
Then we want to talk with you.
We’re looking for talented user experience designers who work hard, empathize with customers, and want to make a positive difference through their work.
We provide a fun, fast-paced environment. We encourage personal creativity and thinking outside the box. At Expertus, everyone’s a key player and integral to our success.
Expertus has an immediate opening for an expert User Experience Designer:
• Provide design leadership for key components of the user experience.
• Regularly interview customers to understand goals, behaviors, and mental models.
• Design user interaction models, information design, workflows, screen layouts, and site maps for new products, features, and enhancements.
• Develop high-fidelity prototypes. Iterate designs based on the results of usability testing and customer walkthroughs.
• Create detailed specifications and screens for implementation and QA.
• Work closely with visual designers to create and improve the visual product experience.
• Define long-term user experience strategy.
• Do what it takes.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, or similar degree.
• 3+ years of interaction design experience, preferably on consumer applications.
• Proven track record bringing great Web 2.0 applications to life.
• Strong design skills including screen layout, information design, and product design.
• Ability to understand complex design problems and generate simple solutions.
• Strong visual design understanding and sensitivities.
• Expert in your design program of choice: Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, Visio, Omnigraffle, etc.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Commitment to excellence – even under aggressive timelines.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options and benefits.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.